CE marking is a mandatory conformity marking for certain products sold within the European Economic Area (EEA) since 1985.The CE marking is also found on products sold outside the EEA that are manufactured in, or designed to be sold in, the EEA. This makes the CE marking recognizable worldwide even to people who are not familiar with the European Economic Area. The CE marking is the manufacturer's declaration that the product meets the requirements of the applicable EC directives.
The mark consists of the CE logo and, if applicable, the four digit identification number of the Notified Body involved in the conformity assessment procedure.
oday market is a global Platform and customer expectations are always there to use the best product which complies with international standards and safety norms, Hence If you are planning to manufacture certain products or provide a services which should be perceived as reliable. Then go for these certifications. These certifications will provide a level of assurance to your customers, Claiming that your product of services are in compliance of a specific standard and ready to be tried. These certifications will give a positive outlook about your product and helps it to gain confidence of your customer at initial stage of its launch.
Benefits of CE Certification
- Stick to current EU guidelines
- Reduce liability for your company with documented safety standards
- Improve the quality and safety of your products
- Take advantage of short audit times and our extensive experience
- Lower Product Liability Risks: Products complying with CE marking requirements may enjoy lower product liability judgments in the case of an accident or injury. Companies that CE mark products for sale within the European Community also enjoy a lower exposure to product liability risks.
- Enhance Product Design: Going through the steps in the CE marking will result in a thorough review of your product design and manufacturing process. These steps may bring about a new innovative, and/or cost effective design.
- Improved production: Some of the conformity assessment modules require the existence of quality assurance programs. Used intelligently, these systems can simplify procedures,
- Lower costs and improve product quality.
Procedure for the CE Certification
There are a series of steps outlined below for CE mark approval. Depending upon your product and the nature of the risks it presents:
- Determine if any directives apply to your product. If more than one applies you will have to comply with all of them.
- Determine the extent to which your product complies with the essential requirements for design and manufacturing in the applicable directive(s).
- Choose the conformity assessment procedure from the options(modules) called out by the directive for your product. There are several modules available for the Conformity Assessment Procedures as listed below:
Module A: internal production control
Module Aa: intervention of a Notified Body
Module B: EC type-examination
Module C: conformity to type
Module D: production quality assurance
Module E: product quality assurance
Module F: product verification
Module G: unit verification
Module H: full quality assurance