NABH – National accreditation board for Hospitals and Healthcare provider is Constitute board of QCI quality Council of India set to establish and operate accreditation programme for heath organizations and hospitals.
- NABH is an Institutional Member as well as a Board member of the International Society for Quality in Health Care (lSQua).
- NABH is a member of the Accreditation Council of International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua).
- NABH is on board of Asian Society for Quality in Healthcare (ASQua).
Benefits of NABH Accreditation
Following are the key benefits that organization can achieve with implementation of NABH accreditation system in any hospitals and healthcare units.
- Patients are benefited with Accreditation most.
- Accreditation results in high quality of care and patient safety. The patients get services by credential medical staff
- Rights of patients are respected and protected
- Patient satisfaction can be evaluated.
- The staff are satisfied lot as it provides for continuous learning
- Accreditation to a health care organisation stimulates continuous improvement.
- It enables the organisation in demonstrating commitment to quality care.
- It also provides opportunity to healthcare unit to benchmark with the best.
- Accreditation provides access to reliable and certified information on facilities, infrastructure and level of care.
- Allopathic Clinics
- AYUSH Hospitals (Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Siddha, Unani, Yoga naturopathy)
- Blood Banks
- Dental Facilities
- Medical Imaging Services
- Medical Laboratory Programme
- OST Centre(Oral substitution therapy)
- PHC/CHC Accreditation(primary health centers/community health centers)
- Small Healthcare Organisations
- Wellness Centre
NABH Accreditation Requirements
Following are the general and technical NABH accreditation requirements that any organization must follow while implementation of NABH system to achieve best results and quick NABH certification.
- Access, Assessment and continuity of care (AAC)
- Patient Right and Education (PRE).
- Care of Patients (COP).
- Management of Medication (MOM).
- Hospital Infection Control (HIC).
- Continuous Quality Improvement(CQI)
- Responsibility of Management (ROM).
- Facility Management and Safety (FMS).
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Information Management System (IMS).